If you are supplying any kind of goods or services in India above Rs. 20 Lakh of value, you must register for GST, except in certain limited cases where the taxable person is to pay GST regardless of whether he has crossed the threshold limit.
Click here for more information: Watch This Video
Business Category That Need to Register for GST
If you fall under any of the following categories, you need to be registered under the GST Act:
- If you sell on an online marketplace like Flipkart, Amazon, Instamojo Connect
- If you are selling goods or service from one state to another
- If you are required to pay taxes under reverse charge
- If you are supplying goods or services on behalf of a manufacturer/supplier - If you are an agent.
- If you deduct TDS
- If you are an input service distributor.