Why does my account have limits?
Accounts on Instamojo require a verified PAN card and Bank Statement.
However, we allow new users to start collecting payments with a few limits on their account. This gives you immediate access to all the features of Instamojo and helps you try our platform.
What are the limits on a new account?
- You can receive payments upto a maximum amount of Rs. 10,000/- per month.
- The size of a single transaction cannot be more than Rs.10,000/-
- The limit resets on the 1st of every month.
How do I remove my limits?
To remove the limits, simply submit your documents.
Start the process by clicking the green “Submit KYC” button on your dashboard.
How long does it take to remove the limits?
Once you submit the documents, the verification will be done and the limits will be removed in 2 business days.
During the verification, in case the documents are not proper or if additional documents are required, we will get in touch with you regarding the same.
What documents are required to remove the limits?
To remove your limits, you need to upload 2 documents:
- A photo/scanned copy of your PAN card
- Copy of your Bank document that can be any of the following:
- A recent Bank Statement or
- Chequebook front page or
- Passbook front page.
Note: Please make sure the Bank document you upload has the following details: Account Holder Name, Account number and Shipping address.
3. Category specific documents might be needed:
- Proprietors: Proprietorship Registration certificate
- NGO: Trust deed
- Financial Advisors: Investment Advisor certificate
What happens when if I cross the Rs. 10,000/- limit?
If you cross the limit, your payouts will be put on hold and you cannot collect any more payments. To receive your next payout, you will have to submit your documents for verification.
It is recommended that you submit your documents before you hit your account limit.
In case of any issues, please feel free to write to us at email@example.com.