Let's start with the basics.
What is a transaction fee?
When someone pays you on Instamojo, a transaction is initiated. Every Instamojo transaction accounts to a fee that is charged from the corresponding bank.
For every transaction, there is a nominal fee that is charged to you. The normal transaction fee at Instamojo is 2% of the amount + ₹ 3 per transaction excluding GST, for all Domestic Transactions.
For example: if someone pays you ₹ 1000, you'll receive ₹ 972.86 in your bank account. The exact break up of the Instamojo Fee and GST is given below.
- Customer pays you: 1000 (Domestic)
- Instamojo fee: 2% of 1000 + 3 = 23
- GST on Instamojo fee: 18% of 23 = 4.14
- Amount paid out to your bank account: 1000 - (23 + 4.14) = INR 972.86
This transaction fee is a flat 2% + INR 3 across credit cards, debit cards, and net banking except for the following cases:
1. International Cards - 3% + INR 3
2. American Express Cards - 3% + INR 3
3. Digital Products hosted on Instamojo - 5% + INR 3
4. Wallets (Ola Money, MobiKwik, FreeCharge, Jio Money) - 2% + INR 3
^All the prices mentioned above are excluding GST. GST of 18% is levied on the transaction fee.
International pricing is subject to change post review by our compliance team.
Why am I charged a transaction fee?
For every transaction that takes place online, the provider bank charges an amount to us. A GST is levied on this transaction too. For this reason, we calculated the best possible transaction rate that serves in the interest of both parties - you as merchants and us as a payments enabler.
Modes of Payment
Instamojo supports payments via all major credit cards, debit cards, UPI, wallets and net-banking.