You can get started with collecting payments on Instamojo quickly. We introduced Trial Accounts to make it even faster and painless.
A Trial Account on Instamojo needs only your PAN number and bank details to start collecting payments - no tedious paperwork required. However, a trial account, as the name suggests, has some limitations.
- You may collect payments up to Rs. 9,999.00 (Rupees nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety nine) every month.
- The limit resets on the 1st of every month.
- You may collect up to Rs. 9,999.00 in a single transaction.
- As long as total transactions for the month are less than or equal to Rs. 9,999.00, you can continue using the trial account.
- If your total payments in a month are more than Rs. 9,999.00, you are required to complete verification by submitting scan of PAN card and documents proving you/business owns the bank account - before the amount is paid out.
- Instamojo regularly audits the transactions for quality of products/services delivered, misuse or fraud and may request proof of delivery or confirmation from your customers that they received products/services for which they paid using Instamojo.
Getting a trial account on Instamojo does not cost you anything - like the full account, using Instamojo to start selling is free. The fees come into picture only when you start collecting payments on Instamojo.
If you are an individual starting or running your own small business or a proprietor of a business, click here for a guide to signing up with Instamojo as an Individual.
If you represent a business organization like a Partnership, LLC, Private Limited company or an NGO, click here for a guide to signing up with Instamojo as a Business Organization.
What happens if my trial account crosses the Rs. 9,999.00 limit?
If you collect payments that total more than Rs. 9,999.00 in a single month, your payouts are put on hold and further payments to your account are disabled until the account is upgraded.
We encourage you to upgrade your account once you are comfortable using Instamojo to avoid unexpected downtime. Instamojo also sends out reminders via email when your account is close to the limits.
How do I upgrade to a full account and remove limitations of trial account?
A full account requires submitting KYC, which includes verification of the PAN and bank details you provided when signing up and any additional documents that apply to your business category.
We also require additional information such as description of your business or a link to official website or business social media accounts to understand and verify the business category.
To verify, click on “Submit KYC” button on your Dashboard and follow the instructions.
How long will it take to upgrade my account?
Once you submit your documents for KYC, we will manually verify that the documents match the details provided during sign up and remove the limits within two business days.
In case a provided document needs clarification or if additional documents are required for your business category, we will get in touch with you via the email address used to sign up.
Please note that it may take longer than two business days if your business category requires further verification or if the documents provided are not sufficient for verification.
What documents are required to upgrade to a full account?
Most individuals and business organizations need only two kinds of documents:
- PAN card
- Your (individual) or business (organization) PAN card.
- Proof of bank account
- Front page of Recent Bank Statement
- Front page of Bank Passbook
- Front page of Chequebook
For proof of bank account, the uploaded document must clearly display the following information:
- Account holder name.
- Account number.
- IFSC code.
For some business categories, additional documents are required, for example:
- Proprietors: Proprietorship Registration Certificate.
- NGOs: Trust Deed, Audited banalce sheet.
- NGOs requiring international donations: FCRA certificate.
- Financial Advisors: Investment Advisor Certificate.
In case your business requires additional documents, we will contact you on the registered email address.
Why am I being asked to upload my documents to enable payments on my account?
In limited cases, if the Instamojo Risk Algorithm detects an anomaly during sign up, it automatically triggers full account verification. This puts the account in a very limited state and you need to upgrade to a full account by submitting KYC before you can collect payments.
To enable payments, please click on the link provided in the dashboard notification to continue to verification.