What does the 'Connect to MailChimp' app do?
The 'Connect to MailChimp' app helps sync the a) Emails off dropped-off buyers - customers that did not complete a payment and b) Emails of customers that have successfully paid you on Instamojo to your MailChimp account.
How do I set up the app?
- Just subscribe to the ‘Connect to MailChimp’ app on the Instamojo app store.
- Authorise Instamojo to access your MailChimp account by signing in with your MailChimp username and password.
- Pick the lists you want synced to MailChimp
Where do I find the lists on MailChimp?
The lists can be found under the lists section on MailChimp. They will be called ‘Customer List’ and ‘Dropped off buyer list’. When you click on either of the lists, you can see the list of Email IDs and other details for every customer/ dropped off buyer. When you click on a certain buyer, you can see all the details related to that buyer (product they purchased or were trying to purchase, amount , payment retry link(in case of dropped off buyers) , payment purpose etc).
How can I stop Instamojo from adding more emails to the List?
You can switch on/switch off any list from your app dashboard. When you switch off a list , Instamojo stops sending email IDs to MailChimp. When you switch on a list, Instamojo resumes adding email IDs to your list .
What do I do if I want to permanently stop the service?
You can unsubscribe to the app.When you unsubscribe to the app, you lose access to the app dashboard and Instamojo will no longer add email IDs to your MailChimp list. If you just want to temporarily pause the service, you can choose to switch off the lists from the app dashboard.
How will these lists help me ?
- You can improve your conversion rates by sending automated mailers to your dropped off buyers , urging them to complete their transaction.
- You can increase retention and sales by upselling relevant, new products to your existing customers.
- You can increase brand recall / loyalty amongst your buyer base by updating them about upcoming promotions and offers through a simplified workflow that helps you save a lot of time.
I am getting the error "Your Mailchimp account has reached the maximum audience/list creation limit". What do I do?
For users on a free plan with Mailchimp, Mailchimp only allows 1 audience/list on the account. There are 2 ways to proceed here:
- Please log into your Mailchimp account and visit https://us4.admin.mailchimp.com/lists/ to view all lists currently. If you'd like to continue on the free plan on Mailchimp, then you must delete all audience/lists before subscribing for the integration to be successful.
- Upgrade your Mailchimp account to the paid plan and retry subscribing to the app.
Who do I reach out to if I need any help?
Feel free to reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions/ face any issues related to this app. We are always happy to help.