- What is Cash on Delivery (COD)?
It is a payment method where you pay for an item in cash when we deliver the product to you.
- How does COD work?
You buy a product on an Instamojo store and select "Cash On Delivery" as the payment type. We trigger an OTP verification for your phone number. After phone number verification, we confirm the order. As the next step, the merchant will schedule the pickup, and you will get the product at your doorstep, where you need to pay the whole amount in cash. Please note, payment through cheque, draft, or any other means will not be acceptable.
- Is COD optional available for all products?
The COD option is only available for products sold by merchants who have enabled it. If the order amount is above Rs.20,000 or if the delivery location does not fall under the serviceable range of our courier partners, the COD option will not be available.
- How do I check if my product or location is eligible for COD?
After you enter Pincode in the product checkout flow, we show you whether or not COD is available for the entered location. If the order value is greater than 20,000, COD will not be available.
- Why is the COD option not available for my area?
The reach of courier companies limits our scope in terms of the COD option. Once you enter your pin code while ordering, we will tell you if COD is available at your location.
- Why is the COD option not available for high priced products
Our partners are not yet equipped to accept COD orders that cost more than Rs.20,000, as of now.
- What do I do if no one is at home when the courier company attempts delivery?
Our delivery executive will call you before coming over to deliver the item.
- When do I need to pay the COD amount?
The order amount has to be paid in full (in cash) before receiving the package.
- Can I request a return/refund for a COD order?
Yes, if you are not satisfied with the product, you can return it at the time of delivery to the delivery executive. In case you want to raise a refund request later, you can log on to www.instamojo.com, log in if you have an account or use the payment ID, which is sent to you on an email to log in and "Report an Issue."
- Can I pay using other modes like a credit/debit card, UPI, etc?
No, as of now, you need to have the cash amount with you on the day of delivery.