Shipping rules need planning and strategy when it comes to running an online store. There is a lot to consider when shipping your products in terms of packaging, product weight, service types, charging rate, etc. Well-thought steps can make the shipping experience more effective and authentic. Charge your customers an additional fee for shipping every time they place an order on your online store.
You can set up the following shipping rules under this section
- Charge a flat fee for all orders
- Charge a different fee for each product
- Charge a fee based on order amount
- Charge a fee based on order weight
- Charge a fee based on Pincode
From the left panel in your dashboard select Online store -> Store Settings -> Shipping
Select Shipping Convenience fee
Turn the toggle ON to choose one of the settings and pass the convenience fee to the buyer.
Charge a flat fee for all orders
Define a Flat fee to be charged to the buyer on the total order amount completed in one transaction.
Don't charge if the order amount is more than: Define the total order amount above which you will not charge the shipping fee to the buyer.
Shipping fee: Mention the Shipping Fee to be charged to the buyer if the total order amount is less than what has been set above.
Charge a fee based on order amount
Click on Setup Shipping rules > Add Shipping Charges
Setup the Shipping Area List and create slabs based on the Order Amount
Add Shipping Area List
Add the area/city that you wish to ship to. If it is a local area, select the checkbox (Is Local) else leave it unchecked and this will be treated as Metro.
Add the Upper & Lower pin codes of this area/city. Click on Create.
Add Shipping Charges
Add the minimum and maximum order amount and set the charges based on the location is local, metro, and national. (If you wish to charge the fee in percentage, enable the Is Percentage checkbox and add the charges value accordingly. For example: 2, 4, 5).
Charge a fee based on order weight
Every product that we ship from one place to another varies, for eg: The weight of the product. It plays an important role when it comes to shipping charges. You can manage these shipping charges based on weight easily in the following way:
Add Weight Slab: Add shipping charges slabs based on the city and area.
Add the minimum and maximum order weight and set the charges based on the location is local, metro, and national. (If you wish to charge the fee in percentage, enable the Is Percentage checkbox and add the charges value accordingly. For example: 2, 4, 5).
Charge a fee based on Pincode
Shipping bulk PIN/ZIP code stands for the states that are eligible for shipping within the country. You can easily view, customize, and manage bulk PIN/ZIP code rules on your Instamojo admin.
The selected PIN/ZIP code consists of shipping rates that are applicable to the buyers within the selected country. You can create and Organise your shipping rules as per the PIN or ZIP codes.
The bulk rules spreadsheet allows you to collect PIN/ZIP code rules information for multiple locations, in one sheet.
You can upload the related data to get it displayed on your online store at the time of checkout.
The excel sheet is to be prepared in which ‘Bulk PIN/ZIP Code Rules’ are to be pasted. You can receive this set of code rules from your courier partner and copy it on an excel template or you can directly upload the excel sheet.
- You can either fill the Pin Code or Pin code Range, but it is recommended to fill in the Pin Code as Pin code Range makes it a little tricky to evaluate.
- Ensure to select Y for the column labeled "Prepaid"
- Value Capping: This ensures the maximum amount of an order that you will ship. Exceeding this capping value, shipping will not be available for the Pincode entered on that order and the transaction shall not be processed further for completion.
- Use the .xls template (excel) format for uploading data.
- You can include or exclude a PIN code from your excel PIN/ZIP codes list.
- In case, you do not wish to ship to a particular zone anymore, then you can easily exclude or remove that PIN Code from your excel PIN/ZIP codes shipping list and re-upload the data.
- Logistics courier partners for International shipping do not share PIN codes.
- Domestic logistic delivery partners share PIN code sheets; the excel sheet is only provided for domestic deliveries.