Shipping rules need planning and strategy when it comes to running an online store. There is a lot to consider when shipping your products in terms of packaging, product weight, service types, charging rate, etc. Well-thought steps can make the shipping experience more effective and authentic.
You can set up the following shipping rules under this section
- Basic Shipping Rule
- Product-wise Shipping Rules
- Order wise Shipping Rules
- Order Weight wise Shipping Rules
- Bulk Upload PIN / ZIPCODE
From the left panel in your dashboard select Online store -> Store -> Shipping Settings
Basic Shipping Rule
Offering free shipping always works even if you have just started your business online. It could be price or weight-based free shipping rules/rates. Also, you could offer free shipping rates on all orders over a particular amount.
Minimum Order- Decide and specify on what minimum price order you want shipping to be enabled.
Shipping Charge- Decide and set how much you want to charge for shipping.
Maximum COD Order items - Set a maximum number of items or products applicable for Cash on the delivery order.
Maximum COD Order Value- Set a maximum range of order value that will enable COD (cash on delivery) payments. For instance, you can set a maximum price of 15,000 for cash on delivery orders.
Product-wise shipping rules
Different products can have different shipping rules based on the region they are shipped to. Some can be replaced/returned in certain areas while some aren’t. With Instamojo you can set product based shipping rules for different products where you can specify such constraints.
Click on Add product PIN / ZIP codes
- Country - Select the country from the drop-down menu where the products can be delivered.
- PIN/ZIP code - Enter the code of the above-selected country.
Add Product PIN/ZIP Codes
Select Country and ZIP Code details
Add Product PIN / ZIP codes range
Select Country, Lower and Upper Pin Code Ranges
Country - Select the country from the down menu where the products can be delivered
PIN/ZIP Code range - Add upper and lower PIN Code range
Order wise shipping rules
Every product that we ship from one place to another varies, for eg: Weight of the product. It plays an important role when it comes to shipping charges. You can manage these shipping charges based on weight easily in the following way:
Add Slabs: Add shipping charges slabs based on the city and area.
Local: Tick mark on Local If your city is within local limits
Order weight wise shipping rules
Add new shipping charges for your products on the basis of their weight in a few clicks. Follow the given steps to know-how.
The shipping area list will open up a list of areas you can ship to.
Click on Add Slab to Add shipping charge slabs
Add minimum order weight and maximum order weight, along with the country you would be shipping to. You can add the city charges either in percentage or order amount
Bulk upload PIN/ ZIP CODE
Shipping bulk PIN/ZIP code stands for the states that are eligible for shipping within the country. You can easily view, customize, and manage bulk PIN/ZIP code rules on your Instamojo admin.
The selected PIN/ZIP code consists of shipping rates that are applicable to the buyers within the selected country. You can create and Organise your shipping rules as per the PIN or ZIP codes.
The bulk rules spreadsheet allows you to collect PIN/ZIP code rules information for multiple locations, in one sheet.
You can upload the related data to get it displayed on your online store at the time of checkout.
The excel sheet is to be prepared in which ‘Bulk PIN/ZIP Code Rules’ are to be pasted. You can receive these set of code rules from your courier partner and copy it on an excel template or you can directly upload the excel sheet.
- You can either fill the Pin Code or Pin code Range, but it is recommended to fill in the Pin Code as Pin code Range makes it a little tricky to evaluate.
- Use the .xls template (excel) format for uploading data.
- You can include or exclude a PIN code from your excel PIN/ZIP codes list.
- In case, you do not wish to ship to a particular zone anymore, then you can easily exclude or remove that PIN Code from your excel PIN/ZIP codes shipping list.
- Logistics courier partners for International shipping do not share PIN codes.
- Domestic logistic delivery partners share PIN code sheets; the excel sheet is only provided for domestic deliveries.